- 27-Feb-2017 to 28-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Commercial Services
- Chambersburg, PA, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefits Package plus Pay-for-Performance
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for completing analyses and providing credit-related information regarding commercial credits to Relationship Managers in a timely manner which are consistent with the bank's prescribed loan policy; ensuring that analyses provided accurately reflect the risks associated with the credits; demonstrating a commitment to community involvement; attending training programs; and, performing clerical and miscellaneous duties.
1. Possesses in depth knowledge of commercial banking practices.
2. Ability to work independently 90% of the time.
3. Displays high initiative and motivation in departmental responsibilities and projects.
4. In depth knowledge and understanding of business financial statements.
5. In depth knowledge and understanding of personal financial statements and tax returns including all schedules.
6. Ability to identify trends as well as cause and effect.
7. Performs a variety of duties relating to providing analytical services to determine the credit worthiness of prospective small business loan customers as illustrated by the following:
a. Completes credit analyses and supplies constructive credit-related assessments to Small Business Relationship Managers in a timely manner to satisfy loan committee schedule requirements.
b. Ensures that the analyses provided have assessed the strengths and risks associated with the credit and has consulted with the Small Business Relationship Manager on an appropriate credit rating.
c. Provides analytical information and assistance to Small Business Relationship Managers to facilitate their understanding of the risks and strengths of the credit, as well as providing guidance on loan structuring when necessary.
d. Provides research conducted on loan customer's specific industry and benchmarks to Relationship Managers.
e. Provides accurate accounting of loan customer's current banking relationship including loan exposure and deposit balances.
f. Reviews and tests required loan covenants.
8. Ability to work complex corporate structures and various types of entities.
9. Typically handles more high level analyses as compared to Credit Analyst I.
10 Ability to complete work at a rapid pace and complete work in an accurate and efficient manner.
11. Available to accompany Relationship Manager on customer visits as requested.
12. Converse with accountants and/or loan customers to solidify corporate results and obtain additional information as needed.
13. Demonstrates a leadership role within the department.
14. Ability to train other members of the department and new employees on the fundamentals of credit analysis.
15. Is familiar with the bank's Commercial Loan Policy and remains current with changes to the policy.
16. Completes references within 24 hours of receipt of request.
A Bachelors degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance or economics preferred; or equivalent combination of education and business or credit-related experience.
A minimum of four (4) years experience in related positions. Previous experience with personal computers and office equipment is required.
Must possess strong oral communication skills (including excellent telephone etiquette); good math skills with high degree of accuracy; and, strong analytical skills. Must have the ability to deal tactfully and efficiently with the public and other employees. Must be able to organize work and determine priorities. Must demonstrate proficiency in operating office equipment including personal computer, calculator and fax machine. Proficiency or sufficient knowledge of word-processing and spreadsheet software required.