- 10-Feb-2017 to 10-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Orchard Park
- Chambersburg, PA, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefits Package
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for delivering friendly, timely and accurate service as well as making qualified referrals in order to retain and grow retail loans, deposits and noninterest income; accepting and processing customer transactions; adhering to security and compliance issues; attending training programs; and, performing clerical and miscellaneous duties.
1. Delivers friendly, timely and accurate service as well as making qualified referrals in order to retain and grow retail loans, deposits and noninterest income:
- Listens for and recognizes customer needs (cues).
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all bank products and services.
- Uses product knowledge to make effective customer referrals.
- Maintains customer/employee confidentiality.
- Responsible for actively participating and preparing for coaching sessions.
2. Processes customer transactions in a friendly, timely and accurate manner:
- Accepts checking and savings deposits.
- Processes ATM and night deposits, where applicable.
- Negotiates checks/withdrawals per Bank policy.
- Processes loan payments and payoffs.
- Accepts utility payments.
- Issues Treasurers checks, certified checks and cash advances.
- Redeems savings bonds.
- Processes large amounts of currency and coin, as needed.
- Provides access to safe deposit boxes by registered owner(s) or authorized deputy.
- Processes wire transfers.
- Issues Visa Gift Cards.
- Orders checks and deposit slips.
- Completes or reviews forms for customer information and account maintenance.
- Handles or refers (when appropriate) customer inquiries and problems.
- Follows the bank's Minimum Service Standards and 8-Step Process For Handling Customer Complaints.
3. Adheres to security and compliance issues:
- Controls cash limit at window per Bank security procedures.
- Completes CTR/Monetary Instrument Log.
- Follows bank procedures for opening and closing banking office.
- Adheres to funds availability policy.
- Provides banking disclosures as appropriate.
- Adheres to check cashing limits and other procedures per check cashing guidelines.
- Performs duties in a manner that ensures bank compliance with all applicable and state and federal laws.
4. Attends training programs:
- Completes required training courses for Teller II certification.
- Completes all training per annual Training Schedule.
- Completes Principles of Banking training.
5. Performs clerical and miscellaneous duties:
- Backs up other functions of the office wherever qualified and as needed (branch cash balancing, ATM balancing, safe
- deposit maintenance, and balancing the vault).
- Provides support in non-paying and receiving activities, e.g., new accounts, typing various documents relevant to office operations.
- Scanning of proof work as scheduled.
- Verifies and wraps coin for vault cash control purposes.
- Answers telephone in accordance with the bank's policy on Business Telephone Etiquette.
- Files various documents.
- Orders office supplies.
- Retains and destroys documents per retention schedule.
- Assists with Diebold alarm testing.
- Projects a professional appearance that is in compliance with the bank's Dress Code Policy.
- Maintains a neat workstation.
Must possess strong oral communication skills (including good telephone etiquette); strong interpersonal skills (with sales/service orientation); strong math skills with high degree of accuracy; and strong analytical skills. Must demonstrate understanding of the basic banking concept of debits equal credits. Must have the ability to deal tactfully and efficiently with fellow employees and customers. Must be able to work at a fast pace in order to meet established deadlines. Must demonstrate proficiency in operating office equipment including teller machine, personal computer, calculator and fax machine.
A high school diploma or equivalent with an emphasis in a business or accounting curriculum preferred.
Previous cash handling experience and sales experience in a business/retail position strongly desirable.