- 24-Jan-2017 to 25-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Boiling Springs
- Boiling Springs, PA, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefits Package plus Bonus
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for actively contributing to the efforts to grow retail and small business loans, deposits and noninterest income to increase profitability within a designated market area by fulfilling sales, service and referral needs of walk-in customers. Serves as a role model for community office staff in providing service to customers in a professional manner while providing a seamless customer experience; expanding customer base through consultative sales techniques; performing tasks associated with the direct handling of funds received or paid to customers in their day-to-day banking transactions; educating customers on bank services accessible through technology; cross-selling bank products; performing account maintenance requests; and, handling operational duties. Directly supervises and coaches Assistant Financial Services Officer. Demonstrate a commitment to community involvement.
1. Grows retail and small business loans, deposits and noninterest income in order to increase profitability within the designated market area:
- Masters the features and benefits of each product and service offered through the bank.
- Surveys the market area and identifies existing and prospective customers to contact in the assigned market area. Develops effective planning for how to make contact with existing and prospective customers in order to discuss the bank's products and services.
- Initiates external and internal calls on existing and prospective customers to develop new business and retain or expand existing business. Conducts joint calling with other bank specialists as appropriate.
- Exhibits sales techniques through the F&M Trust Sales Process.
- Opens consumer and business deposit accounts.
- Engages customers and prospects in loan conversations and inputs loan application for underwriting approval; ensures customers understand and sign all required application and closing documents and disclosures.
- Sells products and services that meet existing and prospective customers' identified needs in order to achieve market sales and profitability goals.
- Cross-sells and makes referrals of other bank products and services (i.e., Mortgages, Small Business, Investment and Trust Services, Commercial Services, Merchant Services, Cash Management).
- Assists customers in resolution of problems and/or inquiries to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
2. Fosters the bank's relationship management culture:
- Jointly establishes annual quantitative profitability, sales and customer service objectives with the Regional Market Manager, including an annual budget for the community office.
- Communicates profitability, sales and customer service objectives to community office personnel.
- Coordinates internal and external marketing efforts with the Assistant Financial Services Officer.
- Consistently communicates to community office personnel the need to attract new customers, to retain existing customers and to increase the number of product and service relationships customers maintain with the bank.
- Creates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere that makes every customer feel important and valued.
- Sets a positive example for community office personnel by using product knowledge to make effective customer referrals.
- Participates in the relationship management meetings for community office personnel that are held twice a month.
- Maintains customer/employee confidentiality.
3. Promotes and demonstrates bank services that are accessible through the use of technology.
4. Performs account maintenance services and processes customer transactions in accordance with established bank policies and procedures.
5. Participates in onboarding and other outbound phone activities.
6. Directly supervises and coaches Assistant Financial Services Officer:
- Acts as a positive role model to motivate community office staff to achieve performance expectations.
- Assists in the selection of new personnel. Makes all employment decisions consistent with the principles of applicable laws prohibiting discrimination.
- Makes provisions for the proper orientation and training of new personnel.
- Completes performance appraisal for Assistant Financial Services Officer and monitors performance on an ongoing basis.
- Reviews and approves appraisals prepared by the Assistant Financial Services Officer, as well as FSRs with overall performance ratings outside of "Performance is On Track."
- Communicates expectations and identifies key gaps in the behavior of Assistant Financial Services Officer. Develops plans to address performance gaps through the use of effective formal and informal coaching as outlined by F&M Trust's coaching certification principles.
- Consults with Regional Market Manager and Human Resources on any matters concerning corrective action procedures.
- Keeps Assistant Financial Services Officer informed of pertinent policies and procedures; creates an atmosphere in which upward communication from employees is encouraged.
- Administers personnel policies and procedures as established by bank policy.
7. Adheres to security and compliance policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates a commitment to community involvement by participating in various community events. Serves in a leadership capacity to various civic, charitable and related organizations in order to increase the bank's visibility and strengthen relationships with the communities we serve. Performs assigned tasks relating to internal bank events.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required, with a Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Minimum five (5) years' experience in related retail banking and sales positions in a leadership capacity required, or demonstrated ability to perform responsibilities of Financial Services Officer.
Passion for building relationships and serving customers. Demonstrates a comfort level in talking to and calling on current and prospective customers in order to meet established sales and service goals. Self-motivated with a demonstrated aptitude and desire for leading a team to sales achievement in a goal driven environment. Possesses expert knowledge of consumer bank products and personal finance. Capable of expanding product knowledge beyond retail services, including investment and trust services, and commercial services. Uses technology including smartphones, tablets, online banking, remote deposit capture, etc. to demonstrate, promote, and respond to customer questions effectively. Able to effectively coach and supervise employees.
Direct – Assistant Financial Services Officer
Indirect – All other community office personnel