- 12-Jan-2017 to 11-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Document Review
- Chambersburg, PA, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefits Package
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for preparing documentation for commercial loans; ensuring effective pre-closing and post-closing commercial loan documentation review; updating commercial loan documentation exception tracking system; and, coordinating the residential appraisal process.
1. Completes documentation reviews for commercial loans as follows:
- Reviews all loan files post-closing ensuring receipt of executed documents;
- Maintains a Compliance Report evidencing all compliance violations during post-closing review;
- Reviews all adverse action files and reports HMDA applications; and,
- Provides secondary back-up for loan documentation preparation and review, including modifications/renewals, etc., to ensure compliance with lending powers, regulatory requirements, satisfaction of all conditions, as well as verifying accuracy and appropriateness of prepared documents/enforceability with regard to:
- Correct identification of the borrower(s), guarantor(s) and any other party(ies), and their respective good standing and/or authorization to conduct business in Pennsylvania;
- Proof of borrowing authority;
- Receipt of partnership, operating or shareholder agreement(s), by laws, etc.;
- Confirming the economic rights of real estate ownership (quantity, quality and condition) as evidenced by appropriate title assurances;
- Environmental assessments
- Appropriate loan authority approval;
- Sufficient collateral description;
- Proper execution of all documents;
- Proper filing of security interests; and
- Covenants and conditions.
2. Supports collateral appraisal process by:
- Obtaining residential appraisers' licenses, current insurance and qualifications;
- Coordinating the ordering and receipt of residential appraisals, and tracking receipt; and,
- Monitoring the appraisal tracking log for past-due appraisals and following-up with appraisers.
3. Maintains a documentation exception (trailing and improperly executed) tracking system by:
- Recording exceptions;
- Reviewing corrections to improperly executed documents; and,
- Recording receipt of trailing/corrected documents.
4. Indexes all commercial loan files in the Commercial Loan Scan/Index queue in the loan file database ensuring proper document entry.
5. Submits HMDA register to the Compliance department on a monthly basis and serves as primary back-up for the monthly Documentation Review reporting.
6. Performs specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
7. Reports pertinent information to the Documentation Review Officer; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
8. Provides administrative support for the Documentation Review Officer as requested/needed.
A high school diploma (or equivalent) is required for this position, along with an ongoing commitment to continued growth and learning.
A minimum of one year of banking experience within the areas of lending (particularly commercial real estate and commercial/industrial), credit administration, loan documentation, loan review or otherwise acquired as a regulatory safety and soundness examiner is preferred. Previous experience with personal computers, Word and Excel software and office equipment required.
Must demonstrate working knowledge of contracts specifically loan contracts, Pennsylvania Uniform Commercial Code and legal principles of business organizations, agency and property law. Must have working knowledge of the Uniform Standards for Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and Interagency Appraisal Guidance. Must demonstrate strong logical capability, reasonable and prudent business judgment, above average oral and written communicative and organizational skills. Must exhibit strong interpersonal skills. Must demonstrate advanced software skills using Word, Excel, Access and on-line calendaring. Must proficiently operate office equipment including calculator, multi-function units and telephone. Must develop thorough knowledge of F&M Trust's Lending Policy and operational systems.