- 03-Jan-2017 to 04-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Chambersburg, PA, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefits Package plus Bonus
Responsible for actively contributing to the efforts to grow retail loans, deposits and non-interest income in order to increase profitability within the designated market area; fostering the bank's relationship management culture; achieving established sales and customer service goals; providing assistance with the activities of the teller line, as well as directly supervising the CSR/Head Teller or Head Teller; adhering to security and compliance issues; demonstrating a commitment to community involvement; attending training programs; and, performing clerical and miscellaneous duties.
1. Actively contributes to the efforts to grow retail loans, deposits and noninterest income in order to increase profitability within the designated market area:
- Masters the features and benefits of each product and service offered through the bank.
- Consults with and interviews existing and prospective customers to determine their financial needs.
- Assists the Community Office Manager or Assistant Community Office Manager with internal and external marketing efforts to existing and prospective customers in order to develop new business and retain or expand existing business.
- Approves within designated loan authority or recommends for approval consumer loan requests based on information obtained from loan applications, credit reports and supporting documentation within established Loan Policy Guidelines.
- Sells products and services that meet customers' identified needs in order to achieve market sales and profitability goals.
- Opens new accounts and processes file changes while ensuring that customer account information is accurate.
- Cross-sells and makes referrals of other bank products and services (i.e., Investment and Trust Services).
- Assists customers in resolution of problems and/or inquiries to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
2. Fosters the bank's relationship management culture:
- Jointly establishes annual quantitative profitability, sales and customer service objectives with Community Office Manager or Assistant Community Office Manager, including providing assistance with the annual budget for the community office.
- Communicates profitability, sales and customer service objectives to community office personnel.
- Schedules and facilitates relationship management meetings for community office personnel twice a month.
- Consistently communicates to community office personnel the need to attract new customers, to retain existing customers and to increase the number of product and service relationships customers maintain with the bank.
- Monitors the coaching of teller staff in order to ensure a quality of service that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- In conjunction with CSR/Head Teller or Head Teller, holds community office personnel accountable for identifying customers' financial needs and making quality referrals to appropriate personnel.
- Sets a positive example for community office personnel by using product knowledge to make effective customer referrals.
- Maintains customer/employee confidentiality.
3. Provides assistance as required with the activities of the teller line, as well as directly supervising the CSR/Head Teller or Head Teller:
- Acts as a positive role model for community office personnel by demonstrating a hands-on approach to management.
- Performs teller duties, as necessary.
- Assists in the selection of the CSR/Head Teller or Head Teller position. Makes all employment decisions consistent with the principles of applicable laws prohibiting discrimination.
- Makes provisions for the proper orientation and training of the CSR/Head Teller or Head Teller position.
- Reviews CSR/Head Teller or Head Teller performance throughout the introductory period and on a regularly scheduled basis thereafter.
- Reviews and approves all Feedback Forms prepared for teller staff by the CSR/Head Teller or Head Teller.
- Reviews and approves monthly schedule prepared by the CSR/Head Teller or Head Teller in order to ensure that the staffing needs of the community office have been met; checks for fairness in the utilization of teller staff members; and, adheres to the established full-time equivalent target ratio.
- Consults with Community Office Manager or Assistant Community Office Manager and Human Resources on any matters concerning corrective action procedures.
- Keeps community office staff informed of pertinent policies and procedures; creates an atmosphere in which upward communication from employees is encouraged.
- Administers personnel policies and procedures as established by bank policy.
4. Adheres to security and compliance issues:
- Reviews robbery and security procedures with community office staff on a regular basis.
- Adheres to Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control regulations, Anti-Money Laundering Policies, and the USA PATRIOT Act.
- Follows bank procedures for opening and closing banking office.
- Adheres to funds availability policy.
- Provides banking disclosures as appropriate.
- Adheres to check cashing limits and other procedures per check cashing guidelines.
- Performs duties in a manner that ensures bank compliance with all applicable state and federal laws (including Office Self-Assessment Checklist).
5. Participates in various community events in order to increase the bank's visibility and strengthen relationships with the communities we serve. Performs assigned duties relating to internal bank events.
6. Performs clerical and miscellaneous duties:
- Monitors the appearance of the office and grounds.
- Acts as a marketing representative for the community office in charge of merchandising display, marketing material and marketing requisitions for the community office.
- Takes responsibility for the completion of other functions of the office (office cash, ATM balancing, Travelers Cheque maintenance, safe deposit maintenance, CTR's, monetary instrument log).
- Provides support in non-paying and receiving activities, e.g., new accounts, savings bonds, typing various documents relevant to office operations.
- Verifies and wraps coin for vault cash control purposes.
- Answers telephone in accordance with the bank's policy on Business Telephone Etiquette.
- Files various documents.
- Retains and destroys documents per retention schedule.
- Projects a professional appearance that is in compliance with the bank's Dress Code Policy.
- Maintains a neat work area.
A high school diploma or equivalent with an emphasis in a business or accounting curriculum preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in related positions or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Previous experience with personal computers and office equipment also required.