- 21-Dec-2016 to 19-Feb-2017 (EST)
- Commercial Services
- Chambersburg, PA, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefits Package
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Performs various administrative duties essential to the function of the commercial services department; performs due diligence related to loan prospects, prepares documentation for commercial loans; assists relationship managers with the sales and service function; keeps up-to-date with various bank communication; coordinates work within the department, as well as with other departments; reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; and, complies with all applicable state and federal laws and bank ethical standards.
1. Performs various administrative duties essential to the function of the Commercial Services Department, but not limited to:
- Obtaining and forwarding loan support documents required by loan approval to Documentation Review (i.e., entity documentation, lien search/title work, invoices, sale agreements, insurance, all flood insurance documentation, environmental audits, leases, construction documents, etc.).
- Providing Documentation Review with itemized fees and disbursement instructions.
- Reviewing critical components of loan documents prior to settlement (i.e., rate, principal, borrowers, guarantors, collateral, covenants, etc.).
- Obtaining or informing Relationship Manager of documents to obtain at settlement.
- Forwarding all adverse action files with document transmittal to Documentation Review.
- Sending all recordable documents to the respective public office to be recorded.
- Updating commercial loan pipeline system.
- Following-up on all document exceptions, obtaining and forwarding to Documentation Review.
- Running credit reports.
- Processing line of credit advances and other disbursements of funds.
- Reviewing executed documents for completeness and organizing the loan file for booking in a timely manner.
- Preparing loan change requests.
- Reviewing booked loans for accuracy to approval and documentation.
- Assisting Relationship Managers with delinquent accounts, exceptions, insurance, etc., follow up.
- Answering customer and bank staff inquiries consistent with bank policy and procedure.
- Performing routine typing assignments, e.g., call memos, etc.
2. Performs due diligence for prospective borrowers including:
- Correct identification of the borrower(s), guarantor(s) and any other party(ies), and their respective good standing and/or authorization to conduct business in Pennsylvania.
- BSA/anti-money laundering CIP procedures.
- ID verify/OFAC checks.
- Proof of authority (individual or legal entity).
- Obtaining and reviewing entity governance documents (e.g., partnership, operating or shareholder agreement(s), by laws, etc.).
- Obtaining title assurances relative to the quantity (estate), quality (public/private limitations) and condition (clouds on title) of borrowers' ownership rights; and,
- Verifying current, adequate insurance coverage.
3. Prepares commercial loan adverse action, files, and submits to Documentation Review Department for review.
4. Prepares cash management proposals, initiates standardized documents and service agreements, and/or assisting relationship managers with drafting communication letters for new and renewed non-credit facilities and services.
5. Completes customers' profiles and compiling presentation in support of Relationship Managers' sales calls.
6. May perform notary services.
7. Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
8. Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor, as requested, or; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
A high school diploma or equivalent with an emphasis in a business or accounting curriculum preferred.
Minimum 1-3 years administrative experience or a combination of education and experience normally required. Working knowledge of bank legal documents required. Previous experience with personal computers and office equipment also required.
Must possess strong oral communication skills (including excellent telephone etiquette); good math skills with high degree of accuracy; and good analytical skills. Must have the ability to deal tactfully and efficiently with the public and other employees. Must be able to organize work and determine priorities. Must develop fundamental understanding of accounting principles and general legal principles, including contracts, business organizations, agency and property (e.g., concurrent ownership, drafting/reading legal descriptions, title assurances, etc.). Must develop thorough knowledge of F&M Trust's Lending Policy. Must demonstrate fundamental software skills using Word, Excel and on-line calendaring. Must demonstrate proficiency in operating office equipment including personal computer, calculator and fax machine.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to:
- lift items weighing a maximum of twenty pounds;
- move freely from one office location to another in order to perform clerical duties;
- use fine motor movements when entering data on the computer keyboard and using the calculator;
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word when providing customer service and/or responding to inquiries;
- receive detailed information through oral or written communication;
- see clearly to process loan transactions;
- stretch and bend when performing clerical duties; and,
- write legibly.