- 21-Dec-2016 to 18-Jan-2017 (EST)
- Deposit Operations
- Chambersburg, PA, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefits Package
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the deposit operations function; including, but not limited to, processing central file information; performing maintenance on CD's and IRA's; processing return checks and deposit items; and, responding to telephone inquiries and requests from staff and customers concerning deposit account products.
1. Processes central file information for various deposit accounts:
- Performs maintenance to name and address records.
- Processes deposit account file maintenance and account closings.
- Reconciles demand deposit accounts against general ledger controls.
- Processes stop payments.
2. Performs maintenance on CD's and IRA's:
- Reconciles CD's and IRA's against general ledger controls.
- Verifies CD's and IRA's that have been opened in FIS.
- Performs file maintenance and validation of proper account closings for CD's and IRA's.
- Issues required customer notices and information.
- Maintains files of CD and IRA documents.
3. Processes return checks and overdrafts using the Exception Item Processing system, including returned deposit items received from the Federal Reserve Bank.
4. Responds to telephone inquiries and requests from staff and customers concerning deposit accounts:
- Answers inquiries from customers in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Provides information and assistance to Community Office and other bank personnel concerning checking, savings and money market accounts.
- Directs customer calls to appropriate department as needed.
A high school diploma or equivalent.
At least one year of experience working within the banking industry is preferred. Previous experience with personal computers and office equipment required.
Must possess strong oral and written communicative skills (including good telephone etiquette); strong math skills with a high degree of accuracy; strong detail orientation. Must have the ability to deal tactfully and efficiently with fellow employees and customers. Must be able to work at a fast pace in order to meet established deadlines. Must demonstrate proficiency in operating office equipment including personal computer, copier, calculator and fax machine.