- 07-Dec-2016 to 05-Feb-2017 (EST)
- Mechanicsburg, PA, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefits Package
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for delivering friendly, timely and accurate service as well as making qualified referrals in order to retain and grow retail loans, deposits and noninterest income; accepting and processing customer transactions; adhering to security and compliance issues; attending training programs; and, performing clerical and miscellaneous duties.
1. Delivers friendly, timely and accurate service as well as making qualified referrals in order to retain and grow retail loans, deposits and noninterest income:
- Listens for and recognizes customer needs (cues).
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all bank products and services.
- Uses product knowledge to make effective customer referrals.
- Maintains customer/employee confidentiality.
- Responsible for actively participating and preparing for coaching sessions.
2. Processes customer transactions in a friendly, timely and accurate manner:
- Accepts checking and savings deposits.
- Processes ATM and night deposits, where applicable.
- Negotiates checks/withdrawals per Bank policy.
- Processes loan payments and payoffs.
- Accepts utility payments.
- Issues Treasurers checks, certified checks and cash advances.
- Redeems savings bonds.
- Processes large amounts of currency and coin, as needed.
- Provides access to safe deposit boxes by registered owner(s) or authorized deputy.
- Processes wire transfers.
- Orders checks and deposit slips.
- Completes or reviews forms for customer information and account maintenance.
- Handles or refers (when appropriate) customer inquiries and problems.
- Follows the bank's Minimum Service Standards and 8-Step Process For Handling Customer Complaints.
Must possess strong oral communication skills (including good telephone etiquette); strong interpersonal skills (with sales/service orientation); strong math skills with high degree of accuracy; and strong analytical skills. Must demonstrate understanding of the basic banking concept of debits equal credits. Must have the ability to deal tactfully and efficiently with fellow employees and customers. Must be able to work at a fast pace in order to meet established deadlines. Must demonstrate proficiency in operating office equipment including teller machine, personal computer, calculator and fax machine.
A high school diploma or equivalent with an emphasis in a business or accounting curriculum preferred.
Previous cash handling experience and sales experience in a business/retail position strongly desirable.