- 25-Nov-2016 to 24-Jan-2017 (EST)
- Waynesboro, PA, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefits Package
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for being the primary point of contact for walk-in customers, fulfilling sales, service, and referral needs for a seamless customer experience. Serves as a role model for Financial Services Representatives (FSRs) in provides service to customers in a professional manner; expanding customer base through consultative sales techniques; performing tasks associated with the direct handling of funds received or paid to customers in their day-to-day banking transactions; educating customers on bank services accessible through technology; cross-selling bank products; performing account maintenance requests; and, handling operational duties. Directly supervises and coaches FSRs.
1. Creates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere that makes every customer feel important and valued.
- Portrays a professional image.
- Comes out from behind teller pod to welcome each customer with a sincere greeting.
- Showcases the office, including the customer learning center, educational resources, and promotional materials.
- Introduces colleagues and endorses the expertise they hold within their respective lines of business.
- Articulates the competitive advantage of F&M Trust by describing our history, financial performance, mission, and vision.
2. Exhibits sales techniques through the F&M Trust Sales Process:
- Engages customers and prospects in sales conversations to uncover financial needs.
- Proactively identifies referral and cross-selling opportunities and then presents solution(s) by effectively conveying the benefits of bank products and services.
- Overcomes objections presented by customers in order to gain buy-in from the customer and then closes the sale or referral recommendation.
- Opens consumer deposit accounts and serves as a backup to open business deposit accounts.
- Submits consumer loan applications for underwriting approval and ensures customers understand and sign all required application and closing documents and disclosures.
3. Promotes and demonstrates bank services that are accessible through the use of technology.
4. Performs account maintenance services and processes customer transactions in accordance with established bank policies and procedures.
5. Participates in onboarding and other outbound phone activities.
6. Directly supervises and coaches FSRs:
- Acts as a positive role model to motivate direct reports to achieve performance expectations.
- Assists in the selection of new direct reports. Makes all employment decisions consistent with the principles of applicable laws prohibiting discrimination.
- Makes provisions for the proper orientation and training of new personnel.
- Completes FSR performance appraisals, collaborating with the office's On-the-Job-Trainer and the On-the-Job Market Lead throughout the introductory period and on a regularly scheduled basis thereafter.
- Communicates expectations and identifies key gaps in the behavior of direct reports. Develops plans to address performance gaps through the use of effective formal and informal coaching as outlined by F&M Trust's coaching certification principles.
- Consults with community office management and Human Resources on any matters concerning corrective action procedures.
- Keeps FSRs informed of pertinent policies and procedures; creates an atmosphere in which upward communication from employees is encouraged.
- Administers personnel policies and procedures as established by bank policy.
7. Approves overrides in Teller Insight.
8. Performs community office operational duties such as balancing the vault, auditing office cash, maintaining currency transaction and monetary instrument reports, safe deposit box maintenance, and managing retention as needed.
9. Creates monthly schedules for Financial Services Representatives in absence of FSR II.
10. Adheres to security and compliance policies and procedures.
11. Performs clerical and miscellaneous within the office.
12. Maintains customer/employee confidentiality.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE POSITION:
13. Keeps up-to-date with bank communication regarding policy changes, new products and initiatives, personnel changes, etc.
14. Attends and completes all applicable training programs and attends voluntary training to promote job skill and professional development.
15. Identifies own strengths and developmental areas and sets goals as aligned with supervisor's expectations. Initiates coaching sessions with supervisor to share progress and receive feedback towards goals.
16. Follows corporate policy and upholds bank standards in accordance with the bank's Code of Business Ethics and Conduct.
17. Performs duties in a manner that ensures bank compliance with all applicable state and federal laws.
18. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required, with an Associate's Degree preferred.
At least eighteen (18) months of previous sales or retail service experience in a supervisory capacity, or demonstrated ability to perform responsibilities of Lead FSR.
Passion for building relationships and serving customers. Self-motivated with a demonstrated aptitude and desire for leading a team to sales achievement in a goal driven environment. Possesses general knowledge of consumer bank products and personal finance. Capable of expanding product knowledge beyond retail services, including investment and trust services, and commercial services. Uses technology including smartphones, tablets, online banking, remote deposit capture, etc. to demonstrate, promote, and respond to customer questions effectively. Able to effectively coach and supervise employees.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to:
- stand for an extended period of time to process customer transactions and provide customer service;
- move freely from one area of the office to the other in order to fulfill customer needs;
- lift items weighing a maximum of fifty pounds particularly related to processing customer transactions and/or performing clerical duties;
- use fine motor movements when sorting money, entering data on the computer keyboard, and using a calculator;
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word when processing customer transactions and/or providing customer service;
- receive detailed information through oral or written communication when processing transactions and providing customer service;
- see clearly to process customer transactions and to ensure security of the office;
- stretch and bend when performing operational duties; and,
- write legibly.